Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do I sterilize hair brushes??? Plz help.?

I just found out that my 2 1/2 yr old...soon to be step child has ring worm of the scalp...after I've used my bruses and combs on her. Any suggestions on how to sterilize them. Not wash them w/ soap but really sterilize them??How do I sterilize hair brushes??? Plz help.?
You can use barbicide plus. Make sure it is the PLUS and not regular barbicide. You may be able to get it at sally's, not sure though. It is, germicidal, fungicidal, virucidal, pseudomonacidal. It is also effective against bloodborne pathogens, ringworm and staph. You have to dilute it with water, the directions should come with it. Good luck.How do I sterilize hair brushes??? Plz help.?
The old school way was when the barber used to put his tools in a jar full of alcohol. Wash them is warm soapy water, remove all the hair in them and soak in alcohol. Rinse before using and return to the jar after each use and you should be fine.
Throw it away and just buy another one. Or boil some water and but into a bowl that you dont use for food, pour the water into the bowl and put your brush in their and alcohol. not a lot of alcohol.


soak as long as you feel better.


15 yr stylist


you could also just buy you another one and keep it in your purse as i do.
there is a product you can buy in your local beauty supply shop like ';sally's'; it is a powder brush cleaner you mix w' water and soak your brushes in ask the sales girl i donot remember the name
use brush delight or ship shape, they both can be purchased at sally beauty.
Boil them.
I boil my hairbrushes in water. The hot water kills stuff off.





My grandmother was a hairdresser, she used a solution she bought at the beauty supply store. When I asked what I could do at home, she told me about the boiling water.





I hope you are able to help her out.


Good luck Hon!

No comments:

Post a Comment