Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hair brushes - how often should someone change their brush?

Depends on what kind of hairbrush you're talking about. Most of mine I clean weekly with shampoo and water - cleaning it with a comb daily (to take out all the hair, etc.)





Once I brought a brush with ';rubber'; tips. I tossed it as the ';tips'; fell off and it ';scratched'; my head.





I have a boar's hairbrush that is difficult to clean as the handle is made of wood (and water would ruin the wood and finish). I clean/brush it after using it and once every two months I take a clean comb with a little shampoo diluted in water and brush it to clean it. I then dip the comb into clean/fresh water and brush it several times making sure no shampoo is left. I sometimes use white vinager to do this instead of shampoo.





My brushes last a looooong time, but I tend to buy quality brushes and maintain cleaning them.Hair brushes - how often should someone change their brush?
clean it regularly, but when you notice bristles starting to break, and they're quite coarse and needle like (hurting you), it might be a good idea to invest in a new one, lest you get split ends and a sore scalp!Hair brushes - how often should someone change their brush?
I just clean mine! I have a few....would cost a fortune if you had to change it as many times as your toothbrush ha ha
when it breaks or looks manky or it isnt working very well


or not suitable for your hair
i don't change mine that often unless it's breaking or someone with skanky hair has used it, i just have a comb that i use to brush the dead hair out off the brush and then put all the hair in the bin and my brush looks good as new , and also every ones in a while if you have time stick it under some boiling hot water to kill any gems on there, hope i helped =D

No comments:

Post a Comment