Saturday, February 27, 2010

African/Biracial hair: blow drying and hair brushes?

I've never been able to blow my hair straight properly. Usually I just use a comb and the blow dryer and just sort of work through it until i recently learned that a proper brush actually makes a difference so I went to buy a brush but I got so confused with all these options ceramic, anti bacterial, bristle brush, nylon brush, holes, no holes..etc!


Can someone help me please? are there any known brands? what should i look for in a brush??


thx!African/Biracial hair: blow drying and hair brushes?
It sounds like we have the same type of hair.





I'm not exactly sure about the whole brush thing, cuz im not a professional, but i do know a few tricks to get it straight when you blow dry it. :D





1) wash your hair


2) condition it with a LOT of conditioner. and when i say a lot i mean, like, you feel like you used to much conditioner.


3) it'll be soft so towel dry your hair


4) put a straightening gel on your damp hair, i use smooth shine polishing straighten polish, and then i spray it with some of the shine mist stuff. it can be found in major drug stores. NOTE: your hair is gonna look absolutely DISGUSTING after putting this stuff on, but i promise it turns out really well.


5) blow dry your hair. it shouldnt take long, because your hair should be almost dry. when it is dry, straighten your hair and it should be really soft, shiny, and fluffy.





As far as brushing it I used a paddle brush. its Goody brand, i think and its square.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment